Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
Mon November 25, 2013
WLRN Wins Suncoast Emmy For 'Hialeah Speedway: No Guts! No Glory!'
We’re excited to announce that WLRN's television production “Hialeah Speedway: No Guts, No Glory!” has been honored with a Suncoast EMMY Award for best documentary.
The Suncoast Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced the winners this weekend at the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa in Hollywood, Florida. Hialeah Speedway was awarded best documentary under the category of Nostalgia Programs.
On behalf of WLRN, we want to congratulate producer Debra Hall Greene for her excellent work.
Hialeah Speedway tells the story of the legendary South Florida racetrack and for more than 50 years, the lives touched by it. It was more than just a place. It was a moment in time, captured through the roar of the race cars on a Saturday night; on a track that was once considered one of the most challenging in the country. Today, the track is covered by a strip mall.
Click here to buy the DVD.
WLRN competed with television markets from the State of Florida; Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles and New Orleans, Lousiana; Mobile, Alabama; Thomasville, Georgia; and Puerto Rico.
Airs on WLRN Channel 17 Wednesday, December 4, 7 p
Airs on WLRN TV Thursday, November 14 at 9 PM
Airs Thursday, November 7 at 9 p.m. on WLRN TV