Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Fri April 20, 2012
WLRN Staff Celebrates End Of The Canoe Project
Yesterday evening at Scotty’s Landing, the WLRN Miami Herald News staff celebrated the end of the Canoe Project and welcomed Terence Cantarella back on dry land. WLRN Miami Herald News anchor Arianna Prothero led a Q & A with Terence about his journey.
Terence was the man behind the Canoe Project, which was a four day long canoe trip through Miami-Dade’s canals. The project was an effort to shed some light on the unrecognized backdrop to our lives here in Miami-Dade: our city’s vast network of canals. These waterways completely surround us, yet, many of us don’t know where they go or why they are there.
The exciting journey came to an end yesterday. Thanks to all who participated in the project and joined in the conversation. It’s not over: keep an eye on the Canoe Project–we’ll report on our continued canal explorations. Also, next Thursday, April 28, Under the Sun airs Terence’s reflections on the trip.