Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Tue April 22, 2014
WLRN-Miami Herald News Wins Four Edward R. Murrow Awards
WLRN-Miami Herald News received four regional Edward R. Murrow Awards for work completed during 2013.
The station, which airs on 91.3 FM and WLRN.org, received Overall Excellence, News Documentary, News Series and Hard News Reporting honors for Region 13, which includes Florida, Georgia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Overall Excellence entry included excerpts from a range of stories, including the “Elevation Zero: Rising Seas in South Florida” series; Ballet’s Glass Ceiling; The Florida Roundup and The Sunshine Economy; 2013 Legislative Session Town Hall and continuing coverage; Cuban Kitchen; Four Floridians at the March on Washington; Overtown and I-95; Miami Accents; South Beach Pastels; and Tweet Seats.
The News Documentary and News Series entries contained stories from the station’s “Elevation Zero: Rising Seas in South Florida” package.
The Radio Television Digital News Association has been honoring outstanding achievements in electronic journalism with the Edward R. Murrow Awards since 1971. Award recipients demonstrate the spirit of excellence that Murrow set as a standard for the profession of electronic journalism.