Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Wed February 13, 2013
Will A New Secretary Of State Put A New Focus On Latin America And The Caribbean?
Wednesdays on WLRN, we discuss issues related to Latin American and the Caribbean. Today: how a transition at the top of the U. S. State Dept. might be felt in the hemisphere.
Some have said the Obama Administration has ignored that part of the world as it tried to put out other fires in the President's first term.
Now that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been succeeded by John Kerry, might things be different?
Phil Latzman spoke with assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business Affairs, Jose Fernandez about the possibilities.
US Southern Command