Most Active Stories
- Black While Policing: A Miami Officer Shares His Experience
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- Why It's Time For A Reality Check On Normalizing Relations With Cuba
- How To Deal With Florida's Growing Panther Population
- The Sunshine Economy: Magic And Mike (Fernandez)
Wed February 13, 2013
Will A New Secretary Of State Put A New Focus On Latin America And The Caribbean?
Wednesdays on WLRN, we discuss issues related to Latin American and the Caribbean. Today: how a transition at the top of the U. S. State Dept. might be felt in the hemisphere.
Some have said the Obama Administration has ignored that part of the world as it tried to put out other fires in the President's first term.
Now that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been succeeded by John Kerry, might things be different?
Phil Latzman spoke with assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business Affairs, Jose Fernandez about the possibilities.
US Southern Command