Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Thu October 10, 2013
Why Read Moby Dick?
10/10/13 - Thursday's Topical Currents begins with a discussion of what may be the greatest American novel: Herman Melville’s Moby Dick. The novel’s length and esoteric topic keeps modern readers at bay. We’ll speak with Nathaniel Philbrick, author of WHY READ MOBY DICK? And more. Linda Gassenheimer celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month with a visit from Univision celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffman. Fred Tasker’s wine comments, as well. That’s Topical Currents Wednesday at 1pm.