Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
The Florida Roundup
Fri March 29, 2013
What You Should Know From This Week's South Florida News: Dueling Governors And Dolphins Stadium
On The Florida Roundup, here are some of the items on our rundown:
Governor Rick Scott touts his record on Florida's improving economy with the release of his first campaign ad and continues pursuing middle-of-the-road voters by criticizing President Barack Obama for not spending enough money to help modernize the state's ports. Latest polls show former Governor Charlie Crist leading Scott in the race for governor.
- As we reach the halfway point in the legislative session, the biggest winner may be moderation. We’ll take a look at the latest developments on Medicaid, ethics reform, and education.
- The Dolphins say they will pay! - well, at least more than they initially offered. We hear whether the latest proposal from the team is likely to sway Miami-Dade County voters who will decide in May whether public money should help pay for renovating Sun Life stadium.
Guest host Marva Hinton speaks with panelists Jim Defede of CBS4, Mary Ellen Klas of The Miami Herald, and David Lyons of the Daily Business Review.
Sun Life Stadium