Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
- Basel Recap: What You Missed Over The Weekend
Fri December 7, 2012
What It's Like To Ride An Erotic Roller Coaster In Broad Daylight
We didn't quite know what to expect upon entering Peter Anton's Sugar and Gomorrah.
Published reports stated it was an adult-themed rollercoaster ride that in some way blended the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah with the board game "Candy Land"-- you know, that game we used to play as little kids.
While the ride is no Space Mountain, the first little drop does take you by surprise.
Before that point, however, you catch a glimpse of a scantily clad man and woman beckoning to you provocatively.
A couple of whips around like a tea-cup ride and you have time enough to catch a glimpse of another nearly-nude couple waving "hi." One gigantic lurch and you are back on First Avenue right outside of Art Miami.
Erotica sure does wreak havoc on your lower back.