Most Active Stories
- We Asked Miami-Dade Transit Why Not Every Bus Stop Has A Shelter
- Why Chikungunya – And The Mosquitoes – Are Overwhelming Haiti
- David Beckham Wants To Talk To Broward County About Stadium
- Why Brazil's Futebol Failure Is the Best Thing For The Country
- Serge Toussaint Paints "Queen" Over LeBron's Blacked-Out Face
Wed November 14, 2012
What Goes On Behind The Scenes During Art Basel Miami Beach
A new documentary filmed during last year's Art Basel Miami Beach features seven young artists who live and work in Miami.
It's called Rising Tide: A Story of Miami Artists, andn it's the work of Andrew Hevia, 28, a graduate of New World School of the Arts.
Hevia produced, directed and edited the documentary which is a production of WLRN and made possible in part by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Along with the artists, the film also features gallery owner Brook Dorsch.
"One of the things that I think is really interesting about Art Basel is that when it comes, there's a lot of attention about artists and about Miami, but very rarely about Miami artists," Hevia says.
Rising Tide: A Story of Miami Artists airs Wednesday at 8:00 PM on WLRN-TV Channel 17.
Miami Book Fair International