Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Fri April 25, 2014
Venetian Causeway To Close Down For Months
If you depend on the Venetian Causeway to get to your home or job, you have four to six months to find an alternate route because the historic roadway will be closed for several months so workers can conduct emergency repairs on a 730-foot-long weakened segment of the drawbridge closest to Miami.
More details emerged Wednesday about the coming six- to nine-month closure of the 87-year-old roadway in the aftermath of an official announcement late Tuesday by Miami-Dade County officials during a meeting of the Venetian Way Neighborhood Alliance.
Though the closure was first disclosed by Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Giménez in a memo to county commissioners April 11, the implication of the news wasn’t really grasped by commuters and others until top county officials spoke in detail about the problem Tuesday night.
Read the full story at MiamiHerald.com.
They Loved Us, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah