Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Power of Design
Thu March 20, 2014
Tell Us Your Complaints About City Life! Live Chat 10 a.m. Saturday
Traffic, trash, ugliness – some of our most common complaints have to do with city life.
WLRN will give you exclusive access to a discussion among some of the world’s foremost experts on solving the problems of urban living.
This weekend The Wolfsonian Museum is convening change-makers and visionaries for PODfest, a conference on the power of design to respond to complaints. One of the conference’s panels will focus on “Cities and City Life.”
Speakers include Jaime Lerner, the three-time mayor of Curitiba in Brazil who created the world’s first bus rapid transit system; Alejandro Aravena, an architect who has built thousands of houses for Chile’s poor and is a reformer in social housing initiatives; Andrés Duany, architect and founding member of the Congress for the New Urbanism; and Gabe Klein, an expert in transportation technology.
Though attendance to this panel event requires a $1,000 weekend pass, WLRN will give you a free front seat online. Come to this page at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 22 as WLRN’s Elaine Chen covers this discussion among renowned urbanists.
If I Were Mayor