Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Thu November 21, 2013
SkyRise, 1,000-Foot Observation Tower, Planned For Downtown Miami
Miami developer Jeff Berkowitz is putting together a proposal to build a sky-scraping observation tower in downtown Miami. The SkyRise Miami tower would stand 1,000 feet tall at the Bayside Marketplace.
The Miami Herald's Andres Viglucci reports the Arquitectonica-designed structure would be built to withstand hurricane-force winds. Curbed Miami's Sean McCaughan notes the tower's industrial design would align with surrounding structures such as the port of Miami, and bear a built-in restaurant, nightclub and movie theater.