Most Active Stories
- Here Is What It Looks Like When Traffic Engineers Design Highway Signs
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
Thu November 21, 2013
SkyRise, 1,000-Foot Observation Tower, Planned For Downtown Miami
Miami developer Jeff Berkowitz is putting together a proposal to build a sky-scraping observation tower in downtown Miami. The SkyRise Miami tower would stand 1,000 feet tall at the Bayside Marketplace.
The Miami Herald's Andres Viglucci reports the Arquitectonica-designed structure would be built to withstand hurricane-force winds. Curbed Miami's Sean McCaughan notes the tower's industrial design would align with surrounding structures such as the port of Miami, and bear a built-in restaurant, nightclub and movie theater.