Most Active Stories
- Clergy Members To North Miami Beach Police: "Use Me Instead" For Target Practice
- The Debate Over Richmond Pine Rockland
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- Essential Tips and Shortcuts for Simplifying the Technology In Your Life
- It's all clear on Foyle's War. Or is it? Watch at it's new time 9 pm on WLRN-TV.
Thu July 24, 2014
Shucker's Waterfront Grill Reopens More Than A Year After Deck Collapse
More than a year after its deck collapsed during a Miami Heat game, Shucker's Waterfront Grill is reopening with a new deck.
The restaurant, also known as Shucker's Bar & Grill before closing last summer, is located in North Bay Village.
North Bay Village Mayor Connie Leon-Kreps attended a soft opening of the bar and grill on Wednesday. She says the city and restaurant worked together to ensure a safe and timely reopening.
"Going through the building department, all the permits, working with the contractors, with the engineers," she says. "So on and so forth, trying to help them so that it wouldn't be more than a year that they were out of business."
North Bay Village Manager Frank Rollason worked with Shuckers to obtain the appropriate permits in a timely -- even expedited -- manner. He says the new deck was engineered not only to meet the code, but to surpass it.
"With our review of the engineering plans, if you wanted to be on any deck in South Florida to be safe, this is the deck to be on," he says.
Shuckers Deck Collapse