Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Thu August 22, 2013
Seven50: SE Florida Prosperity Plan
08/22/13 - Thursday's Topical Currents begins with an update on South Florida’s “Seven-50” initiative. “Seven-50” is a blueprint for steering growth among Southeast Florida’s seven counties: Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie and Indian River. It considers transportation, housing, jobs and the environmental concerns over the next five decades. Guests are: Michael Busha, Seven50 Management Team, Executive Director of Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council (TCRPC); Victor Dover, Seven50 Lead Consultant, Principal – Dover Kohl & Partners; Joe Quinty, South Florida Regional Transportation Authority Project Manager for the Tri-Rail Coastal Link.
And more, in the second half of the program: Linda Gassenheimer’s annual “back to school” lunch program, with dietary chiefs from both Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Tune in for Topical Currents Thursday at 1pm on WLRN-HD1.