Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Smoldering Liberty City: Remembering The McDuffie Riots
Tue April 8, 2014
Senate Film Industry Incentives Include Charges To Local Governments
Dramatic increases in state incentives to lure film and entertainment production to Florida may be on the way. But this time, local governments would have to pay to play. A bill approved in the Senate Commerce and Tourism Committee would charge counties where the productions take place 10 percent of the face amount of the producers' tax incentives.
Click below to hear the full story.
The Sunshine Economy