Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Tue May 21, 2013
Rich Food/Poor Food: The Ultimate Grocery Purchasing System
05/21/13- Tuesday's Topical Currents is with nutritionists Jayson and Mira Calton. They’ve developed a system to determine the healthiest options among the some 40,000 food offerings in the mega-mart. With a bit of effort, shoppers can avoid processed sugars, high fructose corn syrup, refined flour, artificial colors, and nitrites. They’ve written, RICH FOOD/POOR FOOD: THE ULTIMATE GROCERY PURCHASING SYSTEM. That’s Topical Currents at 1pm on WLRN-HD1 rebroadcast at 7pm on WLRN-HD2 and audio on-demand after the live program.