Most Active Stories
- #ThisIsWhere: The Week Of Traffic And Tattoos
- #ThisIsWhere We Share Our First 10 Favorite Poems
- Who Was That Tea Party Lady At The Solar Energy Rally With Charlie Crist?
- Cuba Clueless: Covert Twitter Scheme Tweets U.S. Policy Failure
- Miami Shedding Its Tabloid Image, Gaining Int'l Respect – At Least In The Legal World
Tue November 12, 2013
The Promise Of Civic Renewal In America
11/12/13 - Tomorrow’s Topical Currents is with Tufts University professor Peter Levine. He’s a strong proponent of civic renewal and good citizenship in the United States. Levine has written: WE ARE THE ONES WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR. Chronic unemployment, deindustrialized cities, and political polarization, he says, should revitalize a fragile civic life and restore the role of citizens. What is the state of the American Democracy? In the second half of the program, a discussion about Miami Book Fair International with Mitch Kaplan and Alina Interián. That’s Topical Currents Tuesday at 1pm.
Video from Peter's website www.peterlevine.ws
Food and Dining