Most Active Stories
- #ThisIsWhere: The Week Of Traffic And Tattoos
- #ThisIsWhere We Share Our First 10 Favorite Poems
- Who Was That Tea Party Lady At The Solar Energy Rally With Charlie Crist?
- Cuba Clueless: Covert Twitter Scheme Tweets U.S. Policy Failure
- Miami Shedding Its Tabloid Image, Gaining Int'l Respect – At Least In The Legal World
Thu January 3, 2013
PolitiFact Checking 2013
How are Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez and Florida Gov. Rick Scott faring on PolitiFact Florida's Truth-O-Meter? Surprisingly similar, even though the just-reelected Gimenez remains popular, and Scott very unpopular.
As Florida's governor begins his third year on the job, according to the latest polls, his approval rating stands at a dismal 36 percent. But entering 2013, PolitiFact Florida finds that Rick Scott has kept many more promises than he's broken. The Scott-O-Meter shows the governor has kept 17 of the promises they've tracked, while only breaking five.
Meanwhile, PolitiFact is also keeping score of Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez's political vows in their Carlos-O-Meter. Gimenez was first elected in 2011 after Carlos Alvarez's recall, and was reelected easily to a full term in 2012. But, despite his apparent popularity with voters, he has fared no better than Gov. Scott on their so-called "Truth-O-Meter." Gimenez has kept six of the promises tracked since taking office, while breaking four of them.
You can read the full fact-checks at www.Politifact.com/Florida.
Miami-Dade Mayoral Election