Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Around the Nation
Wed May 21, 2014
Pleasant Hills, Calf., Is Looking For A New City Clerk
Originally published on Wed May 21, 2014 8:06 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
Politics does not agree with Kim Lehmkuhl. She was city clerk in Pleasant Hill, California. Instead of taking notes during city council meetings, she posted on Twitter. Now the clerk has quit. In an email announcing her resignation, she said the job was atrocious, incredibly depressing. She wished the city well in finding someone else to write down the politicians every, quote, "misogynistic joke, tin foil hat conspiracy theory and pathetic pandering." Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.