Most Active Stories
- Painting And Passion: Frida And Diego Come To The NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale
- Some Rich And Powerful Would Benefit From Little Havana Upzoning
- Miami Transgender Community Mourns A Sister, Says "All Lives Matter"
- Income Is Only One Of The Ways South Florida Is Segregated
- Lane-Diving and Narrow Shoulders Major Safety Concerns For 95 Express Lanes
Mon May 26, 2014
Pinup Photographer Bunny Yeager Dies At 85
Yeager's career really took off when she photographed Bettie Page. She shot the famous brunette in a living room next to a Christmas tree wearing nothing but a Santa hat.Then she got a call that changed her life.
"Hugh Hefner called me on the phone," Yeager recalled. "I was in my kitchen cooking, trying to be a housewife, and they said, 'Could you send us more pictures of other girls?' I said, 'I'll try. I don't know of anybody that wants to pose nude, but I'll try,' and they begged me to shoot."
Yeager stopped shooting pinups in the 1970s, when men's magazines began to feature more overt sexuality. But she continued to sell her photos on eBay through 2011 and even designed a line of bikinis.
Yeager died Sunday at a North Miami hospice. She was 85.
Miami Book Fair International