Here at WLRN, we are acknowledging one of the secret, insider joys of Art Basel week: the people-watching.
Yes, the art is the core of Basel and the satellite fairs. But the real showcase happens when you inject a mix of international artists, collectors and dealers with our usual mélange of tourists, club kids and local aesthetes.
Only in Miami. Only this week.
Which is why we are asking you to help us document it. While you’re out looking at the
people art, send us your favorite only-in-Miami-during-Basel images:
- See someone holding their high heels at 3:00 a.m. in front of Wynwood Walls with a palm tree in the background?
- Were there paddle boarders next to the Gator in the Bay?
- Are the fanny-packed Midwestern tourists standing outside Design Miami/ and looking with awe at the inflated bacteria corralled at the entrance?
You know what we’re talking about.
Here’s what to do:
- Snap a picture.
- Tweet it to @WLRN #BaselPic.
- Check back here at WLRN.org to see if it’s made it into our gallery of favorites.
- Deadline is Sunday at 8:00 p.m.
Early next week, we’ll announce the winner. Can’t wait to see what you’ve got.