Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Thu April 24, 2014
Palm Beach School Board Kills Parental Dress Code Idea
UPDATE, April 24, 2014: At a Palm Beach County school board meeting Wednesday, April 23, members refused to even entertain the proposal of implementing a parental dress code.
The idea of dress codes for parents who come to events was proposed by board member Karen Brill, following the subject coming up in Broward County schools.
Booty shorts. Saggy pants. Tight, cleavage-baring tank tops. Even pajamas.
A Broward School Board member says she's seen all kinds of inappropriate apparel on school grounds. But it's not the kids who are sartorially challenged -- turns out it's their parents.
According to the Sun Sentinel, Rosalind Osgood says she's tired of the bad example set by moms and dads who show up to school wearing short shorts, droopy trousers or hair curlers whenever they drop off or pick up their children.
WLRN reporter Christine DiMattei interviews Sun Sentinel reporter Scott Travis about how the wardrobe malfunctions came to light -- and whether the school board can enforce a parental dress code: