Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Fri February 8, 2013
'Onion' Photo Pokes Fun At Outgoing Energy Secretary
Originally published on Fri February 8, 2013 12:28 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with this headline: "Hung-over Energy Secretary Wakes Up Next to Solar Panel." It's a fake story from The Onion, with a doctored photo showing Secretary Steven Chu in bed with a solar panel. Chu played along. On Facebook, he said he won't confirm or deny the charges, but clarified his recent announcement that he's stepping down is unrelated.
He even gave a plug to the energy source, saying: It's no surprise lots of Americans are falling in love with solar.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.