Most Active Stories
- Here Is What It Looks Like When Traffic Engineers Design Highway Signs
- How A Doral Woman Became A Victim Of Anti-Chavista Witch Hunts
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
Obama At UM
Fri October 12, 2012
Now Lagging In State Polls, Obama Gets Laughs At University of Miami Rally
President Obama came to Florida yesterday to find himself trailing Mitt Romney by seven points in the latest Mason-Dixon poll. Many agree, it’s the result of his lackluster debate performance last week.
And that's what the president tried to make up for during a rally at the University of Miami. Sounding confident and energetic, the president covered the points he overlooked during the debate -- passing Obamacare, killing Osama bin Laden and ending the war in Iraq.
And he went after Mitt Romney, telling the audience that the Republican nominee seemed to be in the middle of "an extreme makeover."
"After running for more than a year in which he called himself severely conservative, Mitt Romney is trying to convince you that he was severely kidding," the president said, using a line that's been drawing laughter and applause during may of his recent speeches.
After his UM appearance, Mr. Obama attended a fund raiser at the JW Marriott in Miami.