Most Active Stories
- A Rock Camp For Girls Will Come To Miami This Summer
- South Florida Ranks Fifth For Unaffordable Housing
- Florida Near The Top In The Number Of Hate Groups
- Despite Problems, Experts Say Computerized Testing Is The Answer For Florida Schools
- Witnesses: Mentally Ill Man Did Not Have A Broomstick When Miami Gardens Police Killed Him
Obama At UM
Fri October 12, 2012
Now Lagging In State Polls, Obama Gets Laughs At University of Miami Rally
President Obama came to Florida yesterday to find himself trailing Mitt Romney by seven points in the latest Mason-Dixon poll. Many agree, it’s the result of his lackluster debate performance last week.
And that's what the president tried to make up for during a rally at the University of Miami. Sounding confident and energetic, the president covered the points he overlooked during the debate -- passing Obamacare, killing Osama bin Laden and ending the war in Iraq.
And he went after Mitt Romney, telling the audience that the Republican nominee seemed to be in the middle of "an extreme makeover."
"After running for more than a year in which he called himself severely conservative, Mitt Romney is trying to convince you that he was severely kidding," the president said, using a line that's been drawing laughter and applause during may of his recent speeches.
After his UM appearance, Mr. Obama attended a fund raiser at the JW Marriott in Miami.