Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Tue August 19, 2014
North Miami Mayor Requests Review Of Employee Background Checks
North Miami Acting Mayor Philippe Bien-Aime believes the city may have disregarded its own hiring procedures for city employees.
He points to the recent arrest of the city’s former purchasing director MarcAnthony Tulloch as an example.
Tulloch previously worked for the city of Sunny Isles Beach. Apparently, Sunny Isles Beach was investigating him for the misuse of a city credit card.
"If we had conducted a reference check about the previous job of Mr. Anthony, he would not have been a city employee," Bien-Aime says.
Bien-Aime is calling for the city to review all background and reference checks of employees hired in the past two years.
He says he is concerned that red flags may exist, but were overlooked.