Most Active Stories
- Black While Policing: A Miami Officer Shares His Experience
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- Why It's Time For A Reality Check On Normalizing Relations With Cuba
- How To Deal With Florida's Growing Panther Population
- The Sunshine Economy: Magic And Mike (Fernandez)
Mon January 27, 2014
North American Bitcoin Conference Comes To Miami
Bitcoin users from around the world attended this year's North American Bitcoin Conference this past weekend at the Miami Beach Convention Center.
Moe Levin, who organized the conference, says attendance exceeded his expectations.
"I was expecting 800 people and now there are 1,200," Levin said. "It [was] a hugely successful Bitcoin conference."
Michael Morgan is the Director of Customer Success for 3DCart. He says that even though U.S. dollars are used more commonly on the site now, Bitcoin use is expanding.
"Bitcoin [use] has been growing pretty rapidly," Morgan says. "As a whole, [Bitcoin] has added a little more life to the e-commerce business. ... People are crazy about Bitcoin and I expect it to get a whole lot bigger."
In addition to workshops on how to use and accept Bitcoin, the conference agenda included panels on regulation, venture capitalists, Bitcoin startups and Latin America. Additionally, conference goers could choose between presentations by more than 30 speakers.
The Sunshine Economy
Bunches of Bitcoins