Most Active Stories
- The Words Invented By South Florida's I-95 Drivers
- Satanic Temple's Display At Florida Capitol Gets Approved
- Blazing The Waze: FDOT Is The Traffic App’s First U.S. Partner
- Three Days Of Police Brutality Protests In South Florida
- Broward County's Watery Relationship With The Everglades Over A Century
Tue March 4, 2014
No More Long Wait Times For Broward Buses
Broward transit began installing a $12.6-million bus-locating software on Monday. The application will help Broward residents who take the bus keep track of where their ride is.
"The app will give them real-time schedule information so wherever they are; whether they’re at a bus stop or at home, or shopping," said Broward Transit spokeswoman Doris Williams. "They can put in the bus stop number and the application will let them see the real-time information of when their bus will arrive at the stop."
There will be some pilot testing involved before it’s actually unveiled to the public in 15 to 18 months. The software should help those who rely on the bus to schedule their day based on the actual time of arrival instead of just an estimation.