Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Listen To WLRN Miami Herald News
Wed November 28, 2012
NEWSCAST: Stand Your Ground Panel Faces Criticism
A group tasked by Governor Rick Scott with reviewing Florida's "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law is under fire from a local Democratic leader.
The panel was created to review the law after neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman fatally shot Miami Gardens teen Trayvon Martin in February.
But State Senator Chris Smith of Fort Lauderdale told Current TV host Eliot Spitzer the panel's draft report doesn't change much.