Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Listen To WLRN Miami Herald News
Wed November 28, 2012
NEWSCAST: Mistrial Avoided In Rilya Wilson Case
A legal technicality nearly derails the prosecution's case against a Miami woman accused of killing her foster child.
A judge has denied a motion for a mistrial in the high profile case of a Miami-Dade woman, Geralyn Graham. She's accused of killing her foster child, Rilya Wilson.
Graham's defense asked for the mistrial after it was discovered that prosecutor Joshua Weintraub had his law license suspended for months after he failed to properly record legal education courses with the state bar.