Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Fri November 30, 2012
NEWSCAST: How Miami Reps Helped Pass STEM Act
By Kelley Mitchell
Miami-area Republicans helped the U.S. House pass legislation to give out more high skilled visas.
It's aimed at attracting master's and Ph.D. students in science, math and technology fields. Just ten Democrats supported it.