Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Mon November 12, 2012
NEWSCAST: GOP Leaders Signal A Move To Bipartisanship
Incoming Florida Senate President Don Gaetz (R-Niceville) and House Speaker Will Weatherford (R-Wesley Chapel) say they want Republicans and Democrats to work together.
Weatherford says the people have spoken in re-electing President Obama.
"Anyone who wishes for him to not succeed at this point is betting against America and they're wishing against the success of America," Weatherford said.
"What we need is a Congress and a president who, for five seconds can just put down the partisanship and try to address some of the real fiscal challenges that are facing this country,"
The GOP lost a few seats in both Florida chambers, but still hold a comfortable majority.