Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- New Reversible Lanes In Broward Are A First In South Florida
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
- This Is What It Sounds Like When You Put Miami Babies On A Pile Of Snow
The Florida Roundup
Fri June 14, 2013
A New Era For U.S.-Latin American Relations?
In a special edition of The Florida Roundup, we focus on our broader region, Latin America and the Caribbean.
China's President Xi Jinping recently concluded a visit to Mexico, Costa Rica and Trinidad, shortly after President Obama and Vice President Biden paid visits there.
We discuss if Obama's second term will include stronger Latin American relations and China's ambitions in the Western hemisphere.
Plus: why Venezuelans are buying suitcases of toilet paper and other basic goods in South Florida.
Host Phil Latzman speaks with WLRN Americas Correspondent Tim Padgett and WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell as well as the Miami Herald’s World Editor John Yearwood. Give us your thoughts below for a live chat starting at noon.
The Sunshine Economy