Most Active Stories
- #ThisIsWhere: The Week Of Traffic And Tattoos
- #ThisIsWhere We Share Our First 10 Favorite Poems
- Who Was That Tea Party Lady At The Solar Energy Rally With Charlie Crist?
- Cuba Clueless: Covert Twitter Scheme Tweets U.S. Policy Failure
- Miami Shedding Its Tabloid Image, Gaining Int'l Respect – At Least In The Legal World
Fri October 4, 2013
Morning Host/Anchor at WLRN-Miami Herald News
Company: South Florida Public Media
Job Title: Morning Host WLRN-Miami Herald News
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: News Director
Schedule: 5 a.m. - 1 p.m. Monday-Friday or as job demands
Location: Miami and/or Doral, FL
Application should include (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume or CV, (3) five work samples (links or mp3s) and (4) at least three references who have worked closely with you and can speak of your qualifications for the position. Please email application to Margarette Adam at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Write, produce and anchor daily newscasts and news-related programming, as well as act as continuity host for WLRN-Miami Herald News, a national-award-winning news outlet. Be one of the leading personalities of WLRN on air and on WLRN.org, working from brand-new studios.
Based in Miami, WLRN covers South Florida from the Palm Beaches to Key West, and is Florida’s largest public radio station.
- Report, write, prepare and deliver on-air and online news from WLRN during morning drive time.
- Pitch and conduct interviews, take in feeds and create content for radio and online/mobile formats, in a style consistent with NPR, for use by WLRN and/or other outlet(s) as directed by editors and/or news director.
- Work closely with morning producer, as well as reporters and editors, to produce newscasts and digital content.
- Work closely with Miami Herald print reporters to produce interviews related to daily and/or enterprise stories.
- Produce content using digital audio recording equipment and digital audio editing software.
- Produce and/or host regularly scheduled weekly news-oriented interviews and program for WLRN and/or other outlet(s) as directed by editors and/or news director.
- Produce and/or host news-oriented special programming, including radio specials and breaking news, for WLRN and other outlet(s) as directed by editors and/or news director.
- Pitch, research and produce stories, gather sound and compile news and feature content to run during daily newscasts and/or other news-related programming as assigned by editors and/or news director.
- File regular blog posts as directed by editors and/or news director, and practice innovative methods of incorporating digital media into newscasts and other anchor duties.
- Produce news-related content for social media outlets including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as assigned by editors and/or news director.
- Participate in live and online events and special appearances as assigned by editors and/or news director.
- Participate in training opportunities that are in line with position summary, as assigned by editors and/or news director.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and other times, as assigned by editors and/or news director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years experience in radio journalism
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with entire organization
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Public radio host/anchor experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Audition