Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Tue January 7, 2014
Miami Dolphins 'Part Ways' With General Manager Jeff Ireland
The Miami Dolphins and general manager Jeff Ireland parted ways on Tuesday afternoon, ending a six-year tenure with the team, including the past four in which he had final say on all personnel decisions.
The Dolphins did not name a replacement. Assistant general manager Brian Gaine and former Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli are among possible candidates, though the team did not indicate who would be considered.
“I want to personally thank Jeff for his hard work and dedication in building the team over the past six years,” owner Stephen Ross said. “After a series of discussions, we both felt that it was in our mutual best interest to part ways. Jeff was a loyal and dedicated member of the Dolphins and we wish him and his family nothing but the best.”
Read the full story at MiamiHerald.com.
The Florida Roundup