Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
Tue January 7, 2014
Miami Dolphins 'Part Ways' With General Manager Jeff Ireland
The Miami Dolphins and general manager Jeff Ireland parted ways on Tuesday afternoon, ending a six-year tenure with the team, including the past four in which he had final say on all personnel decisions.
The Dolphins did not name a replacement. Assistant general manager Brian Gaine and former Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli are among possible candidates, though the team did not indicate who would be considered.
“I want to personally thank Jeff for his hard work and dedication in building the team over the past six years,” owner Stephen Ross said. “After a series of discussions, we both felt that it was in our mutual best interest to part ways. Jeff was a loyal and dedicated member of the Dolphins and we wish him and his family nothing but the best.”
Read the full story at MiamiHerald.com.
The Florida Roundup