Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Thu August 8, 2013
Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Hasn’t Given Up Stadium Fight
Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said Wednesday that he remains committed to winning public dollars for the team’s proposed stadium renovations, and would not rule out a return to Tallahassee in 2014.
“Have I given up? The answer is no,” Ross said, speaking to reporters during his first major news conference since last spring’s legislative defeat.
Ross’ bid for both state and county financing for the $350 million rehab project died when House Speaker Will Weatherford declined to put the bill up for a vote during the legislative session.
The Senate had already passed its version of the bill, the Dolphins claim they had assurances from Weatherford the bill would see a vote.
When it did not, they lashed out at the Wesley Chapel lawmaker, and Ross has since created a political action committee targeting opponents.
“I was very disappointed that we lost that,” Ross said.
Remix the News