Company: Friends of WLRN, Inc.
Reports to: Director of Membership
Location: Miami, Florida
To apply email email@example.com
The Member Support Rep works with others on the development staff to meet the needs of contributing members, with specific emphasis on database maintenance and troubleshooting, customer service and varied duties in support of the organization’s direct mail, e-Marketing, on-air, donor research and related fundraising activities.
- Inputting data as required, especially during peak times of the year when on-air pledge drives are conducted
- Performing routine maintenance and surveillance of database system, to ensure efficiency and accuracy of data output
- Running monthly data reports for direct mail and electronic member communications, as well as monthly data backup functions
- Designing and running reports, related to member demographics, as well as financial data, as needed
- Correcting errors in reports generated by fellow employees when data output appears inaccurate
- Participating in the execution of outbound member communications, both written and electronic, from conception through editing stages and final proof
- Handling member inquiries by telephone and email regarding their accounts, including payment status, billing questions, database corrections, and shipment of thank-you gifts (“premiums”) associated with their accounts.
- Performing multiple functions related to semi-annual radio pledge drives and quarterly television pledge drives, from preparation through drive completion. Includes creating pledge break codes, web pledge pages, coding donations, working with call center agents and troubleshooting any database-related issues during drive.
- Assisting as needed at member events produced by Friends.
- Solid record of accomplishment in MS Office applications, preferably with advanced skills in and understanding of database, excel and analytical reporting. (Specific Allegiance Database and other training is provided).
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, with a bias toward strong customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for standard requisition, purchasing, and inventory procedures
Desirable but not required
- Spanish language proficiency.
- Nonprofit / fundraising experience.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science/Business Administration or A Certificate in Database Management with coursework in Communications, PR or a related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Friends of WLRN is the nonprofit corporation responsible for all aspects of fundraising for WLRN Radio and TV in Miami, serving South Florida from Palm Beach to the Florida Keys. A rapidly growing organization with annual revenues approaching $7 million, Friends of WLRN is positioned for significant expansion in one of public broadcasting’s most dynamic and vibrant markets. Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.