Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Around the Nation
Fri November 29, 2013
Marijuana Included In Donation To Science Class
Originally published on Fri November 29, 2013 11:42 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Stewart County High School in Tennessee was in a high state of surprise. A drug task force made a donation for students to use in agriculture classes. It was growing equipment they had seized - lights and such that people used to grow, say, marijuana. The surprise was what teacher Jordan McMillan found in the donation - some pot.
This was reported by the local paper, believe it or not, the Leaf Chronicle. The school returned the pot, the equipment is in use growing tomato plants. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.