Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- New Reversible Lanes In Broward Are A First In South Florida
- This Is What It Sounds Like When You Put Miami Babies On A Pile Of Snow
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
That's So Miami
Wed April 3, 2013
Love or Hate Miami? Tell Us In Verse
In honor of National Poetry Month, WLRN - Miami Herald News is teaming up with the O, Miami poetry festival to bring you That's So Miami--a project documenting your thoughts about Miami, in verse.
We want to see your Miami, not “CSI: Miami” or “Miami Vice” or “Police Academy 5: Assignment: Miami Beach.” The only rule is that your poem has to begin or end with the phrase, “That’s so Miami.”
Every day we’ll be publishing poems on ThatsSoMiami.tumblr.com, and some of the best poems will be chosen to be read on the air on WLRN 91.3 FM. We’ll also pick our favorite photos and poems from Instagram and Twitter, respectively, tagged with #ThatsSoMiami to go up on the website, too.
At the end of the month, we’ll compile everything into a book that will tell the story of the real Miami.
The poems can be funny:
Missed the bus because
it was so late, it came
#ThatsSoMiami, the way the sun
rises through the window
breaks away the hidden
story I was trying not to tell.
(Kate Ann Heidelbach)
Funny and sad:
Abuela tells me
I’m too fat, hands
me a pastelito de guayaba.
Ultra Music Festival
Under the Sun