Most Active Stories
- Black While Policing: A Miami Officer Shares His Experience
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- Why It's Time For A Reality Check On Normalizing Relations With Cuba
- How To Deal With Florida's Growing Panther Population
- The Sunshine Economy: Magic And Mike (Fernandez)
Sun August 10, 2014
Local Woman Plans A Sound Garden For Miami's Bayfront Park
Yida Hernandez, a student at Miami-Dade College wants to change Bayfront Park into a sound garden.
She says she hopes to create an audio oasis that "surrounds people with the soothing sounds of the instrumental music that we will be piping in through a hidden audio system."
The plan is to install fancy chairs in the northeast corner of the park, as well as free wi-fi. Hernandez hopes to get it running by November.
The sound garden is being funded in part by the Miami Foundation and Hernandez's fundraising. Her idea was one of the most popular projects pitched during the Miami Foundation's Our Miami Public Space Challenge.
Hear the full story below:
Ultra Music Festival
South Florida Arts Beat