Most Active Stories
- Black While Policing: A Miami Officer Shares His Experience
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- The Debate Over Richmond Pine Rockland
- The Sunshine Economy: Magic And Mike (Fernandez)
- It's all clear on Foyle's War. Or is it? Watch at it's new time 9 pm on WLRN-TV.
Tue July 15, 2014
Liberty City Community To Protest Recent Shootings
Miami's Liberty City community will rally in an anti-violence protest on Saturday. The residents will gather in response to a recent mass shooting that left two dead and five injured.
Since the mass shooting in June, a man riding on his bicycle was shot dead and 67-year-old Pastor Kenneth Johnson was also murdered in the neighborhood. Johnson was attacked by two young men who tried to steal money out of his hand and a gold-plated chain from around his neck.
City and community leaders say the violence must end.
The anti-violence protest will start at 7:30 a.m. Saturday at Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, 1140 NW 62 St.