Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Mon March 3, 2014
The Legislature's Big Time Suck: Wordy Casino Bills
The Florida Legislature formally opens its 60-day session on March 14, but it's already clear that the biggest time and energy suck of the session is likely to be the package of bills that could bring multi-billion-dollar resort casinos to South Florida.
The Senate Gaming Committee unveiled the legislation on Monday and, as WLRN-Miami Herald reporter Rick Stone tells us, it was also a chance for gambling opponents to preview their objections.
The Sunshine Economy