Most Active Stories
- The Words Invented By South Florida's I-95 Drivers
- Satanic Temple's Display At Florida Capitol Gets Approved
- Blazing The Waze: FDOT Is The Traffic App’s First U.S. Partner
- Three Days Of Police Brutality Protests In South Florida
- Broward County's Watery Relationship With The Everglades Over A Century
Fri May 9, 2014
Kevin Durant's Emotional NBA MVP Acceptance Speech
Originally published on Fri May 9, 2014 7:53 am
In accepting his first MVP award, Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant made a point of sharing the honor with those who made it possible.
In a soul-baring speech that lasted more than 25 minutes, Durant fought back tears several times while thanking each of his teammates, the coaches, support staff and team executives, and finally his family.
The emotional outpouring culminated with a tribute to his mother, Wanda Pratt, and the sacrifices she made, the inspiration she provided while raising Durant and his brother in the suburbs of Washington, D.C.
University of Miami Basketball
Food and Dining