Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Around the Nation
Fri November 8, 2013
Joe Biden Congratulates Wrong Marty Walsh
Originally published on Fri November 8, 2013 10:17 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. After Marty Walsh was elected mayor of Boston on Tuesday, Vice President Joe Biden called him up with hearty congratulations: You son of a gun, Marty. You did it. Except this Marty Walsh hadn't. The real mayor-elect was celebrating at a fancy hotel. This Marty Walsh was sitting on the couch watching TV with his wife.
Walsh told the Boston Globe he wasn't surprised at the mix up. We're a dime a dozen in Boston. I probably know eight Marty Walshes. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.