Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
Fri October 25, 2013
It's That Time Again: Thousands Of Critical Mass Cyclists Take To The Streets
If you're driving through the center of Miami tonight, you need to take a close look at the map below.
The monthly group bike ride called Critical Mass is taking place again. Cyclists (many in costume for Halloween) will be riding 12.5 miles around Miami starting at Government Center and ending at Grand Central Park.
The Miami event usually draws a couple thousand cyclists and can back up traffic. The route also changes every month.
Cyclists joining in Fort Lauderdale's Critical Mass have a 14-mile route planned that will start at the War Memorial Auditorium.
Both events list 6:30 p.m. as the gathering time and 7:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. as the takeoff time. Whether you're interested in avoiding the group bike ride or joining in, we hope you find the maps of the routes below handy.
ROUTE MAP FOR MIAMI:
ROUTE MAP FOR FORT LAUDERDALE:
Around the Nation