Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- New Reversible Lanes In Broward Are A First In South Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
Fri November 29, 2013
It's That Time Again: Critical Mass Cyclists Take To The Streets This Black Friday
If you're driving through the center of Miami tonight, you need to take a close look at the map below.
The monthly group bike ride called Critical Mass is taking place again. Cyclists will be riding over 13 miles around Miami starting at Government Center and ending at Grand Central Park.
The Miami event usually draws a couple thousand cyclists and can back up traffic. The route changes every month.
Fort Lauderdale's Critical Mass will take off from the War Memorial Auditorium.
Both events list 6:30 p.m. as the gathering time and 7:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. as the start time. Whether you're interested in avoiding the group bike ride or joining in, you can learn more about Miami's Critical Mass at the blog Miami Bike Scene. The map of today's route is below. For information on Fort Lauderdale's Black Friday Critical Mass, check out the Facebook page for the event here.