Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Thu November 29, 2012
How Your Art Can Really Take Off
The new runway and terminal expansion project will not only allow for more flights, it also creates more space for art.
So, the Broward County Public Art and Design Committee is looking for an artist, or perhaps artists, in residence.
And the art is supposed to be about the airport construction project itself.
Beth Ravitz is a visual artist who lives in Fort Lauderdale and veteran creator of projects through Arts In Public Places.
She’s also a Committee member and she stopped by the WLRN-Miami Herald studios to give interested artists some ideas of what the county is looking for in airport art.
If you’re feeling creative and want to apply, go to http://www.broward.org/Arts/PublicArt/Documents/Calls/ArtistResidency2012.pdf