Most Active Stories
- The Words Invented By South Florida's I-95 Drivers
- Satanic Temple's Display At Florida Capitol Gets Approved
- Blazing The Waze: FDOT Is The Traffic App’s First U.S. Partner
- Broward County's Watery Relationship With The Everglades Over A Century
- Three Days Of Police Brutality Protests In South Florida
Town Hall on Session 2013
Thu January 10, 2013
Happening Tonight: Help Us Make Tallahassee Accountable At Session 2013 Town Hall
Tallahassee may be hundreds of miles away, but WLRN and The Miami Herald will bring it to you.
On Feb. 25, leaders from the Florida Legislature will be answering your questions at a Town Hall on Session 2013, an event sponsored by Global Integrity. From the reform of Citizens Property Insurance to implementing the Affordable Care Act, you will help shape the priorities in the state legislative session. Along the way, you'll also learn how to make Tallahassee more accountable.
Join us on Monday, Feb. 25th at 6:30pm for this live free event at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts in Fort Lauderdale.
The conversation will be broadcast on WLRN 91.3 and stations across the state.
- Sen. Chris Smith (D-Fort Lauderdale), Senate Democratic leader,
- Sen. Jack Latvala (R-Clearwater), chairman of the Senate Ethics and Elections Committee, and
- Mary Ellen Klas, Tallahassee bureau chief for The Miami Herald.
WLRN Radio’s senior anchor/reporter and host of The Florida Roundup, Phil Latzman, will moderate.
In advance of the town hall, we will be holding online workshops with state policy experts and journalists and sharing what we learn from you about what should be the agenda for Session 2013.
The Florida Vote