Most Active Stories
- #ThisIsWhere: The Week Of Traffic And Tattoos
- #ThisIsWhere We Share Our First 10 Favorite Poems
- Who Was That Tea Party Lady At The Solar Energy Rally With Charlie Crist?
- Cuba Clueless: Covert Twitter Scheme Tweets U.S. Policy Failure
- Miami Shedding Its Tabloid Image, Gaining Int'l Respect – At Least In The Legal World
The Florida Roundup
Fri December 21, 2012
Gun Control Debate: Is Florida "The Gunshine State"?
On the Florida Roundup: The tragedy in Connecticut hits home in what some people call “The Gunshine State,”as Florida has over a million concealed weapons permits, the most in the country. Do you feel safer? We hear your reaction to Florida’s milestone. And will gun control be on the agenda in Tallahassee?
This was a huge week politically as Florida’s former governor, Charlie Crist, sets up to get his old job back. Now a Democrat, Crist attacked his Republican successor Rick Scott at a U.S. Senate hearing on voting rights. Both governors had some flip-flops as they remake themselves for the 2014: Crist on gun rights and Scott on election laws.
And how would falling off "the cliff" affect our part of the world?
Host Phil Latzman speaks with panelists Michael Grunwald of Time Magazine and Mary Ellen Klas and Juan Vasquez of the Miami Herald.