Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Fri December 13, 2013
Guess What? Seas Are Still Rising
WLRN-Miami Herald News reporter Wilson Sayre spoke on Fusion network's news program DNA with Derrick Ashong to talk about the range of local responses to sea-level rise. She was joined by Andrea Bernstein of WNYC's Transportation Nation.
Sayre discussed how municipalities here see the need for immediate action while Tallahassee views the issue as a local one, not requiring state action. Even in South Florida, however, the challenge in advocating for preventative action is that sea-level rise is a slow-moving phenomenon.
Although WLRN's special Elevation Zero has concluded, we will continue to cover the implications of sea-level rise.
Friday Business Report