Most Active Stories
- Why More Than 300 People Have Been Arrested At This One Miami Intersection
- A Breast Implant Shortage In Venezuela Might Save Us A Miss Universe Headache In Miami
- Miami-Dade Teachers Fight For Right To Pump Breast Milk
- For Whom The Air Cools: Ernest Hemingway's Key West Home To Get AC
- More English, More Money? Maybe Not In Miami
The Florida Roundup
Fri February 22, 2013
Is Gov. Rick Scott Headed Toward Sequestration From State GOP? Join The Conversation
By Elaine Chen
On the Florida Roundup, we have on the slate:
- Florida’s governor does an about-face on Medicaid expansion. Why has Rick Scott come around to Obamacare? And will state legislators? We take a look at what could it mean for nearly 1-million currently uninsured Floridians, who may be eligible.
- With no deal in sight, the nation is again headed toward another fiscal crisis with steep budget cuts set to take effect next week. What could sequestration mean for us?
- And the University of Miami digs in for a fight against the NCAA after the governing body of college athletics admits mistakes, but serves notice to the school of major violations.
Host Phil Latzman speaks with panelists John Dorschner and Hannah Sampson of The Miami Herald and Dave Royse of News Service of Florida.
Florida Medicaid Expansion
Town Hall on Session 2013